Reply To: Feeling Lost

Wallace
Participant

Hi HJ

Sorry I haven’t been on much, I’ve had a lot going on myself and had a weee bit of a meltdown a few weeks ago, where I was struggling to cope and ended up really, really low.

My 8 year old has been diagnosed with ADHD and really not having a good time at school. It’s been going on for almost 2 years and I’ve been constantly fighting to get him support… all this stress makes me miss Mark even more, if that is possible?!

I have started working with a cognitive behavioural therapist to help me deal with stress and she has also helped me to appreciate my grief and that my brain needs to process the loss. So to not be hard on myself when I have days where I’m crying all day.

Birthdays and
I really feel she has helped me, not just with dealing with grief but in being more proactive with my stress and anger.

Birthdays and other special events are extra hard, I don’t have an answer for you other than to do what feels right for you. I like to do wee things to keep Marks memory alive at birthdays and brief as etc….like letting a ballon go with a message for Daddy attached or why not get a gift from Daddy to alexis..or a picture of her and Daddy on moonpig card?

Andrew will be with you both in spirit and in your hearts ♥️.

i hope Alexis has a lovely birthday with her amazing mummy xx

Code of Conduct