Fascinating article on depression and antidepressants – please read

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cathy 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kate Boydell

Dear MW members,
    As some of you may know, I have always been a strong advocate against the use of antidepressants for the symptoms of grief. I have always believed that grief is a natural and finite process, and that doctors are far too eager to dish out pills which are both harmful and completely unnecessary.I am enclosing a ling to a book extract, which I hope will give you a better insight into the nature of depression and the needless prescribing of anti depressants.

Best wishes,
    Kate Boydell

Dear Kate,

thank you so much for this. I was just pondering the other day about grief and depression, as my own grief is entering a different phase; and I do wholly agree that grief is a natural process which cannot and must not be medicated away.

The example regarding the farmer in Cambodia was fascinating.

I’m going to forward this link to people close to me; I believe it will help them too.

Thank you again, and the best to you and your loved ones in 2018 and beyond.

Thanks for sharing this Kate. Like you, and from joining Merry Widow early on, I learned you have to feel it and experience it before you can move forward. I’m currently going through a transition time to the point where anti depressants have been suggested. It made me realize I need to start using my coping tools; excersize, journaling, dogs:) Masking or burying the pain may feel better immediately but it comes back worse than before. This site is an invaluable tool;a place to express ourselves and share our feelings, without being told there’s something wrong with us.

Thank you from me as well Kate

Cathy, a year ago I joined Ancestry online, and I have found it such a good place to get out of my head for a while, so engrossing, I have even found a photo of my great great great grandfather. Great for winter evenings
    At least summer is sort of heading our way, with walks and gardening and hopefully sun

Onwards and upwards, again hopefully

Pam that’s an interesting idea thanks! Here in FL it’s a great time to be outside and I do find fresh and excersize helpful and the dog loves it too! But when it’s gets too hot to be out there I may look into Ancestry. Wishing you and our fellow MWs all the best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Code of Conduct