Fascinating article on depression and antidepressants – please read

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Polly 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kate Boydell
    Keymaster

Dear MW members,
    As some of you may know, I have always been a strong advocate against the use of antidepressants for the symptoms of grief. I have always believed that grief is a natural and finite process, and that doctors are far too eager to dish out pills which are both harmful and completely unnecessary.I am enclosing a ling to a book extract, which I hope will give you a better insight into the nature of depression and the needless prescribing of anti depressants.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/07/is-everything-you-think-you-know-about-depression-wrong-johann-hari-lost-connections?CMP=fb_gu

Best wishes,
    Kate Boydell

Polly
    Participant

Dear Kate,

thank you so much for this. I was just pondering the other day about grief and depression, as my own grief is entering a different phase; and I do wholly agree that grief is a natural process which cannot and must not be medicated away.

The example regarding the farmer in Cambodia was fascinating.

I’m going to forward this link to people close to me; I believe it will help them too.

Thank you again, and the best to you and your loved ones in 2018 and beyond.

Polly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Code of Conduct